Passavant Memorial Homes is one of the foremost, consumer-focused providers of support to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental health, and behavioral health needs. Our team of professionals have been dedicated to promoting choice and independence for persons with intellectual disabilities for more than 120 years. Throughout our history, we have continuously focused on ensuring the highest quality support.
PMH recently opened the PMH Salon and Barber Shop in order to provide stylist and barber services for the individuals we are privileged to serve. The mission of the PMH Salon and Barber Shop is to empower individuals by enhancing self-esteem and hygiene with a salon or barber shop experience that meets the unique needs of the individual and promotes safe community integration.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and compassionate Hair Braider (Independent Contractor) for our PMH Salon and Barber Shop located in Ross Township. This position offers a flexible schedule!
This position will be an Independent Contractor (1099) and not an employee of Passavant Memorial Homes. This position offers a flexible schedule!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HAIR BRAIDER:
- Complete hair braiding in a painless and healthy manner.
- Provide clients with advice on how to maintain a hairstyle or look.
- Ensure work areas are clean, disinfected, and in alignment with applicable health and safety regulations.
- Adhere to all protocols implemented by PMH related to wearing supplied Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), cleaning, and disinfection.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Participation and Behavioral Supports.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF HAIR BRAIDER:
- Valid Pennsylvania Cosmetology license OR Natural Hair Braiding certificate, required.
- Experienced Hair Braider (Must have a recent portfolio demonstrating proficiency in various styles).
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, required.
- Ability to stand for long period of time, required.
- Successfully pass background check, required.
- Experience providing hair services to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, and behavioral health needs, preferred.
Passavant Memorial Homes Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now