Passavant Memorial Homes is one of the foremost, consumer-focused providers of support to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, and behavioral health needs. The mission of Passavant Memorial Homes is to empower individuals to live successfully in the community. Our team of professionals have been dedicated to promoting choice and independence for individuals with intellectual disabilities for more than 120 years. Throughout our history, we have continuously focused on ensuring the highest quality support and providing a variety of opportunities for our employees to develop and advance.
Passavant Memorial Homes is currently seeking a full-time Safety Advocacy Officer to make a valuable impact within our Quality Management department, reporting to the Consumer Advocacy Director. The Safety Advocacy Officer will play a vital role in protecting the health and safety of the individuals that we are privileged to serve. The Safety Advocacy Officer will be responsible for completing safety inspections at our residential homes to make sure all policies and procedures are being followed, analyze and review trends in data related to investigations to identify if additional oversight is required, and implement and lead training to ensure established safety protocols are followed.
The schedule for this position includes three overnight shifts and two daylight shifts per week. These shifts are flexible, and the schedule will be submitted two-weeks in advance for approval.
Apply today to find your career and passion at Passavant Memorial Homes!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SAFETY ADVOCACY OFFICER:
- Complete safety inspections at residential service locations to ensure that employees are following established policies and procedures
- Utilize data and trends to support the completion of safety inspections and training
- Obtain a thorough understanding of applicable regulations and their application to our organization
- Evaluate effectiveness of current training programs related to safety and abuse, and implement new trainings as necessary
- Manage training related to recognition of signs of abuse (offender training, signs of abuse, etc.), child abuse safety training, and other training, as applicable
- Lead PMH Youth and Adult Protection Safety Committee
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Consumer Advocacy Director
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE SAFETY ADVOCACY OFFICER:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field, required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in the Human Services field, required
- Valid PA Driver’s License, required
- Ability to organize tasks and function independently
- Ability to counsel and motivate others, as individuals and as a group
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overnight hours and weekends as needed
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong adherence to professional integrity and ethical values
- Knowledge of warning signs of abuse and/or neglect in children and adults
- Enhanced critical thinking skills to integrate facts, form opinions, listen, and observe
- Must have completed the Certified Investigator training provided by the Office of Developmental Programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, and specifically Microsoft Excel
PASSAVANT MEMORIAL HOMES OFFERS A VARIETY OF BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Schedule
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Generous PTO package
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
Passavant Memorial Homes Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.