$500 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!*
Passavant Memorial Homes is one of the foremost, consumer-focused providers of support to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, and behavioral health needs. The mission of Passavant Memorial Homes is to empower individuals to live successfully in the community. Our team of professionals have been dedicated to promoting choice and independence for individuals with intellectual disabilities for more than 120 years. Throughout our history, we have continuously focused on ensuring the highest quality support and providing a variety of opportunities for our employees to develop and advance.
Passavant Memorial Homes is currently seeking responsible, caring, and dedicated people to fill Direct Support Professional part-time positions (part time hours are 10 AM - 2 PM).
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) play a crucial role in fulfilling the mission of Passavant Memorial Homes by providing assistance with daily activities such as preparing meals, administering medication, and providing transportation to work or community activities in order to promote independence. To be successful in this role, you must be compassionate, motivated to help others, and dedicated to providing quality support.
Apply today to find your career and passion at Passavant Memorial Homes!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (DSP):
- Provide direct care services to individuals with intellectual disabilities and specialized care in daily living, social, and recreational activities.
- Provide support and assistance to foster maximum independence of individuals.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the individual support plan.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals.
- Assist and encourage individuals to engage in various activities in the home and community.
- Observe individuals’ behaviors and changes in physical condition, utilize prescribed strategies to assist the individual, and document and report accordingly.
- Administer medications (upon completion of certification; all necessary training is provided).
- Assist/perform needed cooking, housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- Maintain logs and records pertaining to individuals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (DSP):
- Minimum of 18 years of age, required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, required.
- Experience working directly with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferred.
PASSAVANT MEMORIAL HOMES OFFERS A VARIETY OF BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Competitive Wages: $14.25 an hour**
- Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
Passavant Memorial Homes Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Prospective employees hired for a Part-Time Direct Support Position will receive a $500.00 sign‐on
bonus. The total amount of the sign‐on bonus will be paid when the prospective employee completes 119
calendar days of employment.
**This is the base rate for the position and employees will undergo a probationary period at a lower rate prior to receiving this base rate.Apply Now